Sunday, December 29, 2013

#39 Christmas is over!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas...Celebrating the Saviors birth, the lights, the snow, carols, cookies, great food, family, games.....but sometimes getting back to the real world is just what you need after so much indulgence!!! lol

We had an ice storm right before Christmas and the power was out here for 5 days!! Thank God for generators! Or things would have been very bad for the farm, and the animals.... not to mention heat for us. I know many people went through Christmas with no electricity, and some still don't have it back on! Crazy!








I made cinnamon buns for Christmas!!! They were fantastic!!
 I lined a pair of the mittens I knit!! Light fleece, they are so warm and soft!

 Made a couple of fingerless gloves!! Having a lot of fun with double pointed knitting needles!!

                  Tried one sock pattern and ended up ripping it out                    
 and made this pattern instead


No sewing went on during Christmas,but can't wait to get back at my WIPS!!!

Coming up soon

Mark your calendars:


Wake Up to Kona Blog Hop
January 7-21st now!!

As long as nothing changes I post on January 10th for the hop! 

I will post the schedule and other participant list soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that ice storm is incredible! So glad you had a generator to get you through that. The gloves and socks are great! Those fleece lined ones look like they're uber cozy!

    Christmas morning cinnamon rolls are a tradition here, and yours looked so yummy!

    A late Merry Christmas to you, and many wishes for a wonderful 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose are some amazing photos! So glad you had a generator throughout all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ice storm left you with some beautiful pictures - I especially liked the icicles bent by the wind hanging from the stop sign! BRRRRRR! Love what you made and wishing for some fleece-lined socks right now! Glad you were warm with the generator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, any thought to sharing your yummy-looking cinnamon roll recipe with us??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.