Thursday, September 10, 2015

I've Been Busy....just with Secret Sewing......

I have been really busy in the sewing room, but it seems that most everything is for an upcoming reveal.
So this weeks what I've been doing will consist of sneak peaks.....






Before I do that though, for anyone new to my blog, here is my shameless plug for my BOM starting the first Friday in October called One Block Wonders. Each month, on the first Friday, I will share one block pattern that I have designed with EQ7. To my knowledge I have not seen any of these blocks before, but quilt patterning have been around longer than I have been alive, so who knows.....
Each month the block pattern will work to make a sub pattern or multiple different layouts depending on block placement, giving you many options with one block. So theoretically you could have multiple minis or quilt tops done in the year!, or at the very least have 12 new block patterns in your quilty tool box!!
I hope you will join along and spread the word. I have made a button you can display if you have a blog, so you can link back easily, and let your readers know what you are doing and allow them to find me too!! I have also made a group page on FaceBook, that you can join. This is not mandatory, but so helpful for discussions and questions, and sharing progress pictures. I would love it if everyone who is sewing along would join, even if you never participate, it helps me know who's out there! Also I will be sharing some extras with the FB group that I will not be sharing in the regular blog posts. As the slogan goes, membership has its benefits!!

UpStairsHobbyRoom



What I've Been Up To:

My two cents: I used Shot Cottons by Kaffe Fassett. I love the colours and the fabric is lovely, but.....I bought them online, sight unseen....it is a very lightweight gazy type of fabric, with a lot more give or stretch then regular cotton, so if I had known I would not have purchased these for a quilting project. If you are talented enough to sew cloths, these fabrics would make great summer tops or lined skirts. That being said, I am not that talented...lol, so I am using up the fabric in projects that won't see as much action...

I tested a fantastic pattern by From Blank Pages, called Dusk! Look for an upcoming post with more about that and a great give away!!



And I added another puppy to my growing litter!! Barring unforeseen changes, look for me in Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilt's  Blog Hop October 22nd, sharing what I did with my blocks!!

That's it, I am spending all my time preparing for the One Block Wonders BOM!! Have a great rest of your week and a fabulous weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Love those finer fabric colours. Did you see that my gift voucher choices have arrived??? I am so thrilled with the Kaffee Fassett charm packs, in just one day they have been unwrapped, (with haste!!), displayed, arranged, and gathered up again, Thank you so much for the wiggle me challenge, I can truly say this was the best fun in quilting ever for me. And I do like the one block wonders that will have options, hope to get the wiggle me quilt all finished before I start your next set of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, busy girl.I spy fabulous projects and love your fabric combo.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the major downfall of buying fabrics online...either the color is wrong or the fabric is flimsy and neither will work for what you wanted the fabric for! I wish there was a way to know about the weight of fabric...like they have for thread - it would lead to much less frustration for those of us who buy things online. However, thank you for your honesty about the Kaffe fabrics...I won't be buying them!! Love your projects and I can't wait to see them finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, Looks like we are hopping together. Your colorful block looks beautiful! You Dog Gone cute block is adorable can not wait to see the finished work. Looking forward to the hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.