Wednesday, November 25, 2015

One Block Wonders ~ November Update


Just a quick update on November's Block...
the link up party will go live on Nov. 27th and run until Dec 3rd. 
December's block will go live on Dec 4th, and it's a very good month too.......

Hope everyone has been busy and sewn at least one block to link up.....if not, you still have time!!

Don't forget about the savings being offered too:

"BOM25" 
25% off on orders over $10.00




"EVERGREEN"
15% off the Evergreen Collection







"WONDERS"
20% off your order



Friends and Forest Friends:

It is only going to get busier and busier as we get closer to Christmas, but it feels good to take a moment to meet up with a friend and have a great conversation over a nice hot cup of coffee, but feel free to insert your hot beverage of choice into that sentence, lol!!
I was suppose to meet up with Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts again this week, but I haven't been feeling well, and had to cancel. I was so disappointed to have to call and cancel what we are calling our "Guild" meeting, which is quilty talk at Tim Hortons, lol!!! Hopefully we can reschedule for next week.





I  did get to spend some time getting my test blocks together into a cute wall hanging for someone special this Christmas....boy do I wish I had my long arm already....I am not a domestic machine quilter....so I'm hoping not to spoil this by trying to quilt it that way. I have such an awed respect for all you talented quilters who are doing free motion quilting and on your domestic machines too!! I took a class at a LQS and I don't think my brain is wired for that particular skill set, lol.





So  I'm thinking a little stitch in the ditch, or maybe straight line or organic lines.....being as it's a wall hanging and won't end up in the wash, that much or at all.... I think it will work out nicely.... *and I think I can handle it without messing it up.....but I'll get back to you on that one...... :)

*update: I got it all done.....Used my walking foot for the first time and did random straight stitch lines at angles all over the mini! It turned out perfectly and the walking food worked so well!!




 I used a brown thread which only really stands out on the fox....I avoided the Canadian flag, no quilting there, I just pivoted and headed in another direction. I drew on lines with a chalk pencil to guide me!

 I also added corners (2-4" squares, folded in half and stitched in with the binding. I based them in place first) and a loop on the back top for hanging it . Its hard to see the piece of fabric in the centre, being as it is all in the same fabric, but trust me it's there!!






Have a great week everyone!! 
See you back here on Friday for the November Link Up!!







3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours together, and what a great choice for quilting lines and the thread. I am struggling to get one block done, so far the 5 inch squares are cut, and placed where I want them to go. Hugh's cataract surgery has meant a lot more for me to do, he isn't allowed to drive until the surgeon gives the OK. No bending, no lifting, but making coffee is fine.The other deadline I was trying to meet was to get something made for a blog friend and posted overseas before Nov 30th., , she is having a tough time lately. All done today, posting tomorrow, then the one block can get sewn. Whew, that will be so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - and love the background fabric you used with your forest friends. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and the background is perfect for those pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.