Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fridge Soup Sewing......

When I have produce in my fridge that I needs to be uses up, or it is going to go bad...I call it fridge soup....lol. For lack of a better name, it works....because every soup will be different and the only common denominator is the Fridge....so Fridge Soup!!
Well, I'm coining a new HobbyRoom phrase now too....Stash Soup.....Sewing my stash.....it feels so good, and like a good soup or stew in the fall and winter months.... it's comforting......

As some of you will be aware I've been saving for and am now the proud and pleased owner of an Innova 22" Navigator  with Lightning Stitch. I purchased it from The Quilting Bee in Fonthill Ont., and I can't be happier with the whole process. Never did I feel any pressure, they answered all my questions (and I'm sure I was not their easiest customer, coming off my original bad experience with a previous long arm purchase, I had lots of questions and reservations), They had me down to use a machine (quilting a project I brought with me, at no charge) and were just nice, you just know that they love what they do!! The purchase, delivery and set up were fantastic too.  They are always available for teaching and training, I just need to call and set up an appointment. They truly want you to succeed and enjoy your journey.  Now I just need some time to get on the machine, and read the manuals, because I know myself, if I don't have some practical experience I won't retain what they teach me. It will also give me a chance to have a list of my own questions to ask.

All of that said to add, I have put myself on a spending freeze....and that is why I am sewing Stash Soup....and I'm telling you, to keep me accountable. So other than threads, and background solids, maybe a tool or two for the new machine....the bank is closed for rest and recuperation....lol. 
To finally be sewing with some of the fabrics that have been sitting here for far too long....it's a good thing too....

So this is what My Stash Soup looks like this week:


I signed up for the Splendid Sampler, I hope to at least do some of the blocks.... I'm super busy, but I'm going to try....I couldn't resist this project though....and if you have seen the original pattern, YES, I totally sewed the block together wrong. My HST were wrong and I didn't feel like ripping so I made my own originally improvised pattern....





Why I'm super busy.... the One Block Wonders and ......I have 2 ongoing collaborations with The Quilting Bee featuring  Free Spirit Fabric, fabrics! Happy to say the first project is quilted and on display at The Quilting Bee and the pattern is being tested right now. So hopefully will have that posted in my Craftsy Pattern Shop in the next month. The second is still being made...pattern to come.

This is the start of the second size for the Bliss Medallion,  I'm testing my own pattern using my stash...

and I'm loving it.....all this lovely fabric had just been sitting in my cubby wall....

Pink fabric is: Crazy Love by Jennifer Paganelli
Blue fabric is: Lark by Amy Butler   both of these and the background white are from FreeSpirit Fabrics
Orange is: Lazy Day by Riley Blake
Green is: a wild card...I sadly don't know, so if anyone knows please leave a comment and tell me. 
Two more rings to go.....

Have a Great Week everyone....


4 comments:

  1. Fridge soup....ha ha ha. We make swamp juice at Girl Guide camp -- whatever flavours are left on Sunday. Have fun with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your hands will be firmly tucked into the pockets for some time, but so worth the new " Cooper", and stash using-up, if that is a new word, we all do it from time to time, or almost always. Enjoy the new machine, make time to do whatever you want to with it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments Sandy and welcome to the club ... you are now an Innovian! I'm loving this second version of Bliss Medallion ... this pattern is a winner with any fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy...of all people you need a great longarm! Like I always say...'you are a machine' so that new quilting 'gadget' will help you to retain my coined name for you! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.